Are you and your partner friends? Real friends? Being Best Friends for Life is part of the Journey from “I-TO-WE”, and you want to take that journey with your partner. We all can use some help in getting along, and here it is. Read these to rate your friendship with your partner…adapt them as you see fit.
1. You are inspired to make your partner feel safe, loved and cared for.
2. You feel safe to share your thoughts and feelings.
3. You ask and genuinely want to know what your partner is thinking and feeling.
4. You feel heard and understood by your partner.
5. You enjoy doing things for and with each other.
6. You love to give little gifts and see your partner smile.
7. You appreciate and honor your partner by always being a team player.
8. You treat your partner gently and with respect during discussions.
9. You value and trust your partner’s opinion and make decisions together.
10. You speak on the phone during the day and check in at the end of the day to learn what happened in your partner’s world.
11. You think positively about your partner, giving him or her the benefit of the doubt.
12. When you come home at the end of a long day, your soul is at peace, and you look forward to spending time with your friend.
I hope you and your partner
Gain the Awareness, Learn the Skills and
Practice the Techniques so you are successful on your
Journey from “I-TO-WE”to live your lives as each other’s
Best Friends During the Day,
Lovers at Night, and
Partners for Life.